Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Recipe Rescue: Briittany Maxfield

wow day two was rough for me because I have worked multiple days in a row. 12 hour shifts make preparing healthy meals rough.  Its a good thing you guys are going to start posting ideas!! (I'm listening to my hubby run around the house trying to get his last steps in lol).

Today's recipe comes from my Aunt Brittany, who is also a competitor in our challenge.  If I didn't know Brittany and what a good cook she is I probably wouldn't try this recipe.  I don't like weird textures.  However she and my Uncle swear that this breakfast is not only yummy yummy but that it will keep you full til lunch as well.  The thing that attracts me to this recipe is that its best to make it at night and eat it in the morning.  I have to be to work by 7 AM so anything that makes the mornings easier is a must for me.  I would love if everyone would try it and post what they think!  Either here or on the Facebook page I am about to create and add you all to so that I quit bombarding the Lame O's that didn't join the challenge with my news feeds about it.  Also if you have recipes that have worked for you shoot me an email I would LOVE to have more ideas

Refrigerated Oatmeal
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup milk ( using skim is a good opportunity to cut calories)
1-2 teaspoons chia seeds (because they are all the rage right now)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon jam or honey to taste (hahaha it made me think of Joey with his jar of Jam)


Frozen Fruit to taste
Stir it up and throw it in the fridge over night.
I am interested in how people make this recipe their own so dont forget to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment